I suggest you ...

Please include Function FN Notebook Key

I have 2 notebooks with different Keyboard layout. An eeePC 1000ha with Left CTRL - FN keys and a Lenovo r61i with FN - Left CTRL keys layout. I tried your SW in both Nb´s and the key wasn´t recongnized at all in the asus and it was missrecognized in my Lenovo. Thanks and good job!

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DonDiego shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Adminstuartd (Admin, Key Mapper) responded  · 

I think generally Fn keys are handled by the laptop’s own keyboard driver itself, and don’t produce recognizable keyboard codes which can be mapped. I take it you tried using Key Capture from the Create Mapping entry in the Mappings menu on the Lenovo? What did it recognise it as, out of interest? If a keypress code is produced which is unrecognised by the software, it writes an entry in the log, but when the keypress is handled directly by the keyboard driver, it doesn’t generally bother passing the keypress on as a keyboard code or pass it on as zero – keyboards with media controls often do this, rather than using the recognised codes.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul Jordan commented  · 

Stuart, how about a work around then - create an augment key that we can map to some useless key like the windows key, or the caps lock, then let us map pressing that plus another key. It would be a simulated FN key. This would be great.

• DonDiego commented  · 

Hi! I used the Key Capture and it recognized the FN key as "Wake" in my Lenovo.Then, I tried to remap it, but nothing happened. I exported as a reg file the following, because the log file wasn't relevant.
        "Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,1D,E0,63,E0,63,E0,1D,00,00,00,00,00"

Feedback and Knowledge Base